Monday, June 7, 2010

While I was Funemployed

Hey all! Sorry I’ve taken such a long hiatus from blogging. It’s been a busy few weeks, including an east coast trip and a music festival, oh my! Alas, it’s still not summer here in Portland. We’ve had more rain in the last two weeks than we had all winter. Lovely. My tan from that one day I was sunburnt in March is already gone.

I thought I’d share with you some fun projects I completed while I was ‘fun’employed last fall. Two sweet little chairs that are my pride and joy. I've only got before and after pictures of the first I bought at a garage sale for $3. It went from this…

To this…

Let me tell you, when you’re bored five days a week, no project seems too big. But really, reupholstering these little side chairs was a piece of cake. With a small tool kit and a sewing machine, they whip up in no time. Just be careful when removing the old fabric, don't go too crazy when ripping your seams, cut out the new fabric in the same shape as the old pieces and sew! There so many online shops with cheap retro upholstery fabrics, all it takes is a little research.

Also, I whipped up a little project last night in about an hour. I’m vowing to wear less jeans and more skirts this summer, and this little tutorial was just the thing to get started. It has pockets!! Pictures will follow when my legs are no longer blinding white.

Hope you’re all having a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment